Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Comic Book Reviews: 7-March-2007

!!! SPOILER WARNING !!!

52 #44 - Another character created just for this series is killed off. At least the exposition of Sobek’s actions is kept to a minimum. And the fight with the Horseman was pretty good.
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #6 - Not a bad ending; I liked the way the team worked together, although Roy came across as being useless. I really think this will read better when collected.
THE ALL-NEW ATOM #9 -- Somehow the goofy aspects of this book get tossed aside for creepy. Still, it was good although I am uncomfortable with the tone of this book. I prefer goofy. To that end, we need more Head. Err, I mean the character. Jeez, that was just so wrong.
DETECTIVE COMICS #829 -- I liked Stuart Moore’s work when he wrote Firestorm and this isn’t a bad effort, but the whole “must protect secret” angle is tired and worn out and this effort lacks the oomph to make it work.
MANHUNTER #29 -- Taken as is, this was a good story; I like hwo all of the pieces are slowly coming together for the finale. But, man, DC better get the story of Everyman (who supposedly died in 52) straight.
NIGHTWING #130 -- I had trouble with this issue because the entire relationship between the bride and groom just made no sense. What was going on with the people and the energies and the whole concept of marriage?
OUTSIDERS #46 -- I really hope this is a specific reason why the ending to this story is being shuttled to the Annual. Otherwise, this is typical Winick material, which means I liked it.

Haven’t read as of yet:

HELMET OF FATE: ZAURIEL
SUPERMAN/BATMAN #32
UNCLE SAM AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS #8 (OF 8)
WELCOME TO TRANQUILITY #4

No comments: